Re: Dear Abbey

> Up to this, Matt has been good to me and is close to my house. Jeremy Horn,
> who is now at Southern California Triumph (kind of far from my house) did
> most of the work I was happy with . Based on the recent history with Matt,
> my impression is that he needs to get the back of his shop back together.
>
> I'm interested in the list's reaction to the above history. Am I just being
> unreasonable to be pissed off? Would you take your bike back to a shop
> where you'd had that kind of experience??

No, you're not being unreasonable, and no, I wouldn't take my bike back to that shop.
You are really fortunate to live so close to a competent, honest, and conscientious mechanic like Jeremy who is only a little more than hour away from your house (in non rush hour traffic). In some parts of the country, the nearest Triumph dealer is hours away, and the closest good shop may be
in a neighboring state.

There is a member (who shall remain nameless) in the Triumph list who had an intermittent but ongoing problem with their bike that essentially rendered it unridable. They took it back to the shop repeatedly to have the problem "fixed", and each time, the problem reoccurred. Calls and letters were sent to TOA, to no avail. This went on for months. They were at the point where they were contemplating legal recourse, when a fortuitous breakdown occurred, this time out of state. They took it to the closest shop (lucky for them, one of the best in the area) explained the entire bike history, and within a few days, the bike was finally, truly fixed.

Good shops save us time, aggravation, money, and make the ownership process more enjoyable. They deserve our business. Make the trek out to Brea.

Daphne
ps. you'll find Tom a refreshing change from Matt