shift-shaft oil leak anyone?

Hello Everyone.

I've recently purchased an RS three months ago.  As soon as I broke in the
first 1000 miles I took my bike up the California coast and through some
windy canyons on the return trip...Which demanded a great deal of shifting
gears.  When I parked it at night, I started noticing some oil leaks below
the side stand.  Not big ones...only the size of a quarter or so. I then
checked the oil level and noticed that oil level had moved a distance of
half the visible gauge marks.  I immediately added oil (T4) and continued
the remaining part of my trip home (checking at every stop).  Well, I
recently took it to my dealer for a 3000 mile oil change and to fix this oil
problem.  The dealer said that its kind of hard to tell where the problem
was coming from, but appeared to come from the shift-shaft seal. So they
replaced it.  It sounds like it would be a possibile cause I would see oil
the more I shifted and who knows how much actually leaked when I was
actually riding (note: It did not leak while the bike just sits
overnight..only after a ride).  So 1) Has anyone seen this before?  I'm
still paranoid so I check it regularly (and after reading the other emails,
I'm adding "check fuel" line to my list).  Also, 2) does anyone know how
much oil does it take from the low-mark on the oil display to the high-mark?

I think that Triumph has really created a great riding machine and this
mailing list is just full of useful information.  Thanks in advance.

- - George.