From: "James Wright" <jwright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Sprint ST List" <st@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: September 19, 2000 10:41 AM
Subject: Fuel leak?

> Hi all, been inactive for a few weeks now, currently in an intensive Trial
Advocacy Workshop which has prevented me from even reading most of my mail.

> I have a question - over the last couple of tanks, my fuel mileage has
dropped significantly, to 35mpg.  Before I was getting to 180 miles before
hitting the fuel light, now hitting it at 130.  Is this a plausible level
for city riding, or do I have a fuel leak?  I've suspected the latter
because I've conspiciously smelled gas a couple of times while stopped on
the bike (red light/stop sign), but never seen any puddles below the bike,
and I've looked.  Never had the fuel sender replaced, though it was a bit
wild when I first got the bike.  (Better now, strangely.)