Re: Fuel Leak

At 01:04 PM 9/19/00 -0700, Neil Lindsey wrote:
>According to Eric Scheley, the 'final fix' sender made it to North America
>as a replacement part in early August and can only be identified by two dots
>(one red and one blue) on the bottom where the wires exit.

I think it's one green and one red, although that is suspect after Mark had
his replaced last week with a new unit that did not have that colour
combination. I have sent a query off to Triumph on this, but have not had a
response as of yet.

>Maybe Eric can make an unofficial enquiry to Triumph for the VIN numbers
>that have the new sender?

I can try. As a basic rule of thumb, if you have a 99, you have a sensor
that may or may not function accurately. If you have a 2000 or had your 99
sensor swapped out, then you have a chance at one that leaks. If you have a
2001 model, you are probably pretty safe.

- - Eric