Yippee!!! Got my new RS!

Okay, I'm sure you're all tired of reading similar emails,
but I just gotta gush for a bit here.  I just picked up
my new yellow 2000 RS, had a blast riding home (as much
as one can have a blast under 3500 rpm :-/), and am
jumping up and down with glee.  I'm no longer
"Bikeless in Seattle"!  yea!!

I was looking in the archives to see what people
have said about break in periods and it seems there
are two school -- break it in slow for longevity
or break it in fast for speed.  Is that pretty much
the summary?  Wondering if there is a general consensus
about just how good the factory break in guidelines
are?

I just got an unexpected surprise, however.  I thought
the tank was metallic!  So much for my magnetic RKA
tank bag.  Bummer.  Guess I'll be buying a new one
(I hate having to use straps!).

Kathy
Seattle, WA