Re: Yippee!!! Got my new RS!

Hi Kathy;

Welcome to the ST club!

Yes, there are 2 schools, maybe 3.  I am of the third, and broke my bike in
accordingly.  I stayed within 500 RPM of guidelines for the most part, but
went ahead with short bursts maybe 1,000 revs above the recommended limit
after the first 300 to 400 miles.  The dealer where I bought the bike, as
well as my local dealer, said that after 500 miles you can have some
liberties (read: more fun!); and, you want to avoid driving at a constant
RPM because the pistons need variable speed to break in properly.  I think
Triumph and other companies are often overly conservative with their
recommendations because they are covering their asses.  My bike runs great,
and I say don't baby it too much or you'll end up with a baby.  Have fun!