Re:close encounters of a white kind

Sorry to hear about your encounters with deers.  We have a similar problem
in England.  We have 'white vans' that come out when you least expect them
in front of you, or veer in front of you, running  you off the road.  There
isn't a season for them, and unfortunately no culling, but there is more
awareness of this rising problem and a campaign is afoot by the police to
reduce these 'encounters'.   The  insurance companies have adjusted their
prices to make allowances for this rising problem!  <grim grin from an
unfortunate encountee>  Ann, Kent, Sprint ST, ex. written off Triumph
Adventurer.
p.s  I could compare the face of the surprised driver with the deer, as I
still vividly remember seeing his shocked eyes turned to look at me when my
head made contact with his rightside window.  It's surprising how much crush
damage you can sustain on the end of your nose when it's caught between the
visor and chin protector of the crash helmet.  You wouldn't think that your
nose could reach that far forward until you stop dead at 30 mph!  Out of all
the injuries, that was the most painful one at the time.