Moto-sewers

In a message dated 9/20/00 10:05:14 AM, owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Take a four foot length of sewer pipe (unused is preferable).
>      Strap it across the rear seat with rubber bands, fill the ends  with
>      leeks to seal them and
>
>      .... oh, hang on, that was golf clubs....Sorry. >>

I actually saw someone at Laguna Seca a couple or three years ago, riding a
Harley with about 5' of 6" sewer pipe lashed longitudinally on to his bike,
resting on the panniers. Said they contained fishing rods. If only I had had
my camera, the photo would have been a certainty for acceptance on the last
page of Cycle World, entitled "The Motor Company confronts emission control
regulations for the next Millenium" Dave Collins, San Diego.