Re: ST wouldn't start!

Keith Winter wrote:

> This thread indicates that some on the list are perhaps using
> their kill switch to turn off their steeds.  Here's a reminder of, and
> a pointer to, a past digest entry in which Triumph advises using
> the ignition switch, not the kill switch, to turn off the engine.

Good reminder -- thanks, Keith! After reading the original post I quit
using the kill switch, but my housemate decided to try and start my bike
while I was out of town. I'm guessing he's the one who used the switch.

(I've asked my housemate to move my bike a couple of times since I've
owned it. Each time he complains that he can't get it started and he
ends up having to push it. However, the bike starts right up for me, so
I've been telling him that my ST knows he rides a Harley so it doesn't
like him! This time he managed to start it, finally figuring out that
you have to hold the start switch until the engine catches. I guess the
starting procedure for his Hog is to just turn the engine over a couple
of times and hope it catches? Makes me start to wonder... :-)

- --
Blake "Dawgbert" Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Burlingame, CA, USA