Re: stainless steel shifter rod

Keith,
My shifter rod broke on a long distance trip last Christmas. The closest
Triumph shop was 200 mi. away and I was desperate.  The little town
where I broke down had a machine shop and they took pity on me and made
a shift rod from stainless steel bar stock.
First they had to turn the bar stock on a lathe to get the correct
diameter and then
cut each end with a reverse metric thread. Final cost $ 84.00...pricey
but at least they got me back on the road.
Triumph replaced  the original rod and I installed it and kept the SS
rod as backup.
Definately worth the cost for the peace of mind.

David Johnson
99 Red ST  ( Sweet Thang )