RE: Daytona or Sprint

I'm in the process of trying to decide on a Daytona or Sprint ST. I've
managed
to arrange back to back test rides of both machines next weekend at my local
dealer.

In the mean time I thought I might canvas opinion on the relative merits of
these machines from those that own them!

So opinions please! Thanks, Andy.

Andy, before I purchased my ST I also considered the Daytona and therefore
test-rode both bikes. What I have to say is probably just what you'd expect.
That is, the Daytona's handling is slightly sharper and there is a bit more
power available. If I just needed a bike for Sunday jaunts I would
definitely have gone for it. However the main advantage of the ST is it's
versatility. I use it for a 30 mile each way commute; through town and about
15 miles on the motorway. I go for my Sunday jaunts and also have toured
400-500 miles per day. The ST handles all this situations beautifully. The
riding position is less severe than the Daytona and my girlfriend is
comfortable when she occasionally comes for a ride on the back.
You lose the sharpness of the Daytona but gain a bike that is adequate, or
should I say good, at everything.
It really depends on what you intend to use the bike for.
Every day when I put my ST to bed in the garage, I pat it on the tank, thank
it, and bless the day I made such a great decision to buy it.
- - Robert Wilson