Re: aerostich darien vs roadcrafter

 > I meant to say something to the effect that "how visible" conspicuous
 > you should be is a personal decision.  Certainly the hi-vis whatever it
 > is called greatly increase your daytime (!) conspicuity.  At night, only
 > your lights, reflectors and 3M tape can do that.

well, i'm sure you've noticed the difference between joggers on the side
of the road at night in dark sweatsuits vs. white T-shirts.  at a great
distance, you're right, but if someone's headlight can strike you (or
rather, if the _light_ from their headlight should strike you :-)
you'll be better off in hi-viz than grey or black.

but i agree that it's a personal choice, and that extra lights front and
rear are probably a better first step.

paul