Re: Deceleration rattle too

Jack Hays wrote:

> Paul, my ST developed the same rattle during the Rallye. I kept waiting
> for something bad to happen but it never did. Happens cold or hot every
> time I let off the throttle. Thought it was the rear chain but clutch in
> stopped the noise.

I had a similar sort of noise just before my chain was replaced around
22,000km.  On decelerating, the engine braking tightens the bottom half of
the chain and slackens the top half, so it can flop around on the chain
guide on top of the swing arm.  Pulling in the clutch gets rid of the engine
braking and stops it making the noise.  A properly-adjusted new chain fixed
it.

Neil