Re: st-digest V2000 #504

In a message dated 9/28/00 11:56:12 PM Central Daylight Time, owner-st-
digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Very Good Points.

> how could that single number printed on the tire would be correct for
>  all different weights of bike that might use it??

Could the tire size help in this area?

  I left out some info that is also on the tire. Cold, Max load. This does
suggest a starting point. My point was, is the owners manual a better
reference, since my tires contradicted it. Front being 42.

>  the number printed on the tire is _never_ the "recommended" pressure.  it
>  is a _maximum_ pressure.

  Agreed

>  the tire manufacturer may indeed have a recommended pressure for their
>  tires on your bike, but it won't be printed on the tire.
>
>  paul

Also left out, info supplied by Rude Dog. He had talked to someone from Avon
who said that if you want best wear out of the tire run them at Max pressure.
Rude what exactly did they say?
I believe it would be nice to know a range of pressures suggested by Avon for
their tire. On the other had there do seem to be a lot of variables. Road
conditions, Weather, Weight, rider expectations, suspension etc...

David "Bird Dawg" Viosca
99 st (stealthy one)
"keep your nose to the wind"