[ST] RE: Bummer, my RS won't start - SOLVED

Hi All,

Before Christmas, about the time of the infamous "law
enforcement" thread, I reported starting problems with
my Sprint RS.

Turned out to be a doozy.  The problem was finally traced
to the intermittent failure of the fuel pump.  That, in turn, was
caused not by a bad fuel pump but by corrosion in the plugs
which connect the front and rear wiring harnesses.

The solution was to replace both front and rear harnesses
(i.e., to completely rewire the entire motorcycle)

The bike was two months in the shop, but now runs perfectly.
(I told them to take as long as they liked, but please fix it once
and for all.)  It may be my imagination, but it seems to run smoother
than ever.  And it starts right up every time.

I feel fortunate to have a dealer (Triumph of Santa Cruz) willing
and able to get to the bottom of the problem.

It's sure nice to have my bike back for the beautiful spring weather
and change to daylight savings time!   Just got back from a very
pleasant RAT ride today.

I think I'm going to buy the extended warranty.

- -Don "Blue Dawg" Draper, Jr.