RE: [ST] Lost Luggage

When I ordered my ST and heard the price of the panniers I found them very
expensive (considering other OEM pannier systems on other bikes).
I read now that there will be a pannier system for the new Yamaha FZR 1300
and the motor magazines call it 'very expensive' although it costs only half
the price of the ST's panniers!
They say the reason for the high price is that Yamaha have been testing the
mounting and panniers so well because they wanted to be sure that they can
'survive' a 145bhp bike.
I thought that considering their price and the power of the ST, Triumph also
would have intensively tested the stability of their mounting system and
panniers.
When I now see on my bike the wear on the mounting brackets and the listers
who have already lost panniers and the listers who have 'bungeed' their
panniers together to stop them from shaking, listers who have glued rubber
compound onto the brackets, ... I think the Triumph panniers are very
overpriced for the given quality and reliability.
I myself mostly ride without the panniers (mostly with the tank bag) due to
the fact that once I saw the fairly thin mounting brackets I never 'trusted'
the stability of the system.

Ludo, Belgium
Red 99 ST