Re: [ST] Idle RPM

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Switzer"

> Howdy,
>
> Just went for my first ride on MY new, used '00 ST.

congratulations

> What should hot idle RPM be, mine is about 1100rpm, seems a little high.

seems about right to me

> No adjustment?

not directly -- you need 'gameboy' (dealer-only) or emulator program
('tuneboy') for PC (from Wayne McDonald in Australia) to do related
adjustments

see: http://www.hutch.com.au/~wmcdonal/TuneBoy/TuneBoy.htm

> Does anyone know a dealer who sells extended warranty?

I thought this was available from ANY Triumph dealer -- can someone
enlighten us?

> My factory 2 years are up in Sept.

How can this be?  Factory warranty starts when bike is first registered, not
when it was built.  I would have thought that the earliest a model '00 would
have hit a dealer would be well after Jan/00.  Or to put it another way, if
it was manufactured before Jan/00, it can't be a 2000, which would put
warranty expiration sometime after Jan, 2002.  Your bike would have had to
be manufactured, delivered, and registered to the first owner before Sept/99
for your warranty to be expiring in Sept/01.  Somehow, I don't think so.

ciao
Neil