Re: [ST] New Sprint ST review

On Mon, 2 Apr 2001, William A. Flowers wrote:

> Previously, you (Thomas Emberson) wrote:
> > But through out all of this, the single biggest thought going
> > through my mind is, now I know why I got a loan for $9302.
> >
> > Better leg position, better suspension (by far), etc.
>
> Interesting given all the complaints about the ST's suspension.

Of course you must remember I am comparing a 3 year old bike, that
had been sitting for almost 2 of the last 3 years. I am guessing
the shocks needed new oil and the swing arm bearing might need to
be cleaned out.

> > The only problem I have so far, is my left hand is still getting
> > used to the clutch. It has been a while since I have ridden the
> > 9r, but I am sure the clutch is stiffer than the 9r. It is definitely
> > stiffer than the 6e.
>
> I suspect you'll always find it to be siffer than your kawi's were.

:-(

> > One thing I am surprised about is the head lights, both on from the
> > factory, good to be in the US. I remember from the rally last year,
> > following Bench Dawg, and not being impressed by his lights compared
> > to the 9r. My ST has wonderful headlights. In fact I wonder if
> > Bloor started putting in better bulbs, as the light seemed fairly
> > white.
>
> Funny, from my position the lights (on high) did a great job of lighting
> ahead.

All I can remember is the light pattern coming from the 9r seemed
to be more to my liking than that of yours.

So how do you adjust the vertical aim of the head lights?

Thomas

Thomas Emberson  <Thomas@xxxxxxx>        http://get.qnx.com
QNX Software Systems Inc.
5100 Tennyson Parkway, Suite 1000, Plano, TX, 75024
V: 214-495-5665  F: 214-495-5664