Re: [ST] panniers

I would have to agree also with you Howard.  Mine have never leaked.  and even though on the last tipover, the bag came off (which really reduced the amount of damage it sustained)  I bent the latches back in shape and haven't had a single problem with them.  Even at speeds up to 128mph.  (yeah yeah, I know, manual says that's a no no.)

At 06:02 PM 4/2/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello Ludo & Fellow STer's:
>	I must differ with you about the Triumph panniers. There are not a lot of people on the Digest who have lost their panniers. It's true the some folks have lost a panner while riding, but it isn't very common.
>	My panniers, brackets, and locking mechanisms are in tip-top shape after 1 and 1/4 years of constant riding in wet dry, hot or cold.
>	I can't tell you about other makes of panniers, but Triumph's are large, watertight and work "as advertised". I have no trouble at any speed here in Philadelphia, which has poor paving in general, and must currently be the pothole capital of the USA. The very hard Winter has taken quite a toll on our ancient streets & roads. My panniers must be very well trained because they stay where they belong...on my bike!
>Cheers,
>Howard Stephen Serlick
>'00 Blue ST
>Philadelphia