RE: [ST] Azaro II on rear

In your message regarding RE: [ST] Azaro II on rear dated Tue, 3 Apr 2001
09:04:04 +0100 , Neil  Tracey said that ...

>N T-  I don't *think* it was either, I always ride very cautiously in drizzle
>N T-  around bends and I didn't see anything on the apex, but that doesn't mean
>N T-  that there wasn't some diesel lurking there....
>N T-  The AV40 II has very little tread, its a real supersport tyre, would not
>N T-  have been my choice.
>N T-  The only good point is that it will wear very quickly so by the end of the
>N T-  summer can probably put a new pair of matching Avons on.

As it is April can we start the tyre thread?

I notice from the reports in the FAQ/Tyres section that there is an absence
of data on wet-weather performance of the various brands.  Indeed Avon's
own web site when describing the AV35/36 combination says "gives improved
dry grip and enhanced high-speed stability". ... no mention of the wet
stuff again!
Has anyone any views on tyre brand wet weather performance.
BTW the Met Office have forecast a drought here in the UK starting in May
so I will be going for the AV35/36 in time for my Spain -> France trip and
for our summer but probably will be ready to change tyres again by October
so will be looking for wet-weather performance :-(

- --
Mike Bostock
mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.toothfairy.co.uk/