RE: [ST] Engine Management

I know that the following recall has probably been talked to death (it was
in the archives several times). However, I didn't know anything about it
until I ran across it doing a search on the web.

It never hurts to make sure that everyone new to the list has heard about
the recall.

- -forrest

- ------------------------------------------------

SafetyAlerts
January 23, 2001
2000-2001 Triumph Sprint RS, Sprint ST and Tiger Motorcycles Recalled
Detroit, MI (SafetyAlerts) - The National Highway Traffic Safety
Administration (NHTSA) has published a recall affecting the 2000-2001
Triumph Sprint RS, Sprint ST and Tiger motorcycles.  This recall affects
models that were manufactured between November 1999 and June 2000.

On certain motorcycles, a fuel leak could occur from the fuel level sender
located inside the fuel tank. If this condition occurs in the presence of an
ignition source, it could result in a fire.

1,929  motorcycles are affected by this recall.

Dealers will replace the fuel sender.

The manufacturer has reported that owner notification began Oct. 20, 2000.
Owners who do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should
contact Triumph at 1-770-631-9500.

[NHTSA Recall No. 00V312]

Forrest Clarke	  Capital One Svcs., Inc.
Dot Commerce	  IT Support/Maintenance
forrestc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx