500 service done

Hello all, just had my babies first service done (500 mile) and I thought I'd
share my experiences so far. When I first fired her up at the dealer the
infamous fuel howl was non existent. Everything worked fine, my only concern
was the different feeling from my 98 Sprint Sport I'd just traded in. The ST
is like a younger brother to the older spine frame T-3s. Lighter, quicker
handling, and a bit more compact. You definitely are closer to the front
wheel which improves the feedback on cornering considerably. I will have to
get the aftermarket can for this as the stock one is just too quiet. It's
also about a hundred times easier to put up on the center stand, very nice
change. My dealer didn't have a red one in stock just blue and in the crate a
green one. I really had my heart set on a Red one as I consider it to be a
beautiful color( my SS was the same color).He said he'd order me a red one
but give me a better deal on the blue or green one since he had it in stock.
The blue one is very pretty but just not for me, so I chose the new color
BRG! As much as I loved my  SS it never attracted much attention from non
riders, but man this BRG ST is a magnet. Even teenagers in cars want to know
what it is! My teenage sons friends call it a crotch rocket, ha!
After the 500 mile service I noticed my shift shaft seal is weeping a little,
not a leak yet but wet. I noticed when the weather is cold the fuel sender
does howl quite loudly for about 5 seconds and then for about 20 to 30
seconds after I start the bike. I'm guessing it's a lubrication problem of a
seal of some kind. I remember reading the opinions on the colors, such as Red
being the fast one, Black the stealthy one, and Blue I think was the classy
one. Well, I have a sneaky feeling that underneath all those colors, if you
looked real hard would be "British Racing Green" as it is the proper British
color after all. That should do it,, sorry to rant on so long but what a
bike, you know?
Mark Olson
01BRG ST (DRGNFLY)
79 Bonnie