[ST] A Tale of Two Wheels

  Some may remember that my wheels got scratched
during a tire mounting session.  Here is the story:

  So after the wheels get scratched by the local BMW
dealer, I have to find a powder coat shop.  Find one
and they ask for the wheels to be bare (no tires,
bearigs, seals, valve stems..)  Since the shop is a
BMW shop and do not want to remove the bearings I take
a punch and hammer and do it my self (now need 2 pr of
bearings).  Take wheels to powder coat shop, find
bearings at bearing place for 1/3 less then at Triumph
(exact same bearings!).  Wait 2 weeks.  Take finished
wheels, tires, bearing and seals to 2nd shop. Get
called the next day being told that the rotors are
wrapped, but not from the factory.  They were left on
while the bearings were being pressed in!!  So now I
have new tires, new bearings, new EBC rotors and a new
reason why I am going to by my own bearing press, tire
machine and build my own shop!!  All this for $180 (2
tire mountings, 4 bearings).  Anyone want to move to
Virginia and experience our wonderful dealer
network???

David "Lost Dawg" Gaske
'00 Sprint RS
Fredericksburg, Va.