FW: [ST] crashing sucks/feeling sorry...

I definitely recommend a second or third opinion. After my knee injury, I
visited a orthopedic surgeon.. He was only concerned with immobilizing and
healing the knee on its own. While I can understand his approach, after 1
year I was still unable to do any type of athletic activity.

It was another year and 2 doctors later that the problem was finally
corrected by surgery (performed by my sports medicine doctor). I wish I had
seen a sports doctor in the first place. The sports doc was much more
concerned with returning me to 100% athletic ability than the orthopedic
doctor..

After surgery and physical therapy, I'm close to 90% of what I was before
the injury. Ever since, I've always recommended sports doctors to people
with these sorts of injuries..

Good luck and best wishes for a speedy recovery..

- -forrest