[ST] Ventura Luggage (1)

>(from Neil)
>what are those brackets on the back for?
>I assume some sort of bags, but
>I haven't seen anything quite like those

Neil,
Correct. They are half of a "Ventura" or "Hallmark" luggage system. The bits on the bike are the "L" brackets that are custom designed for each model of bike. You then buy a common-to-all-models rack that fits into these & a bag then goes on the rack.

I only use this for trips away & usually leave the top half of the rack off as it sticks up quite high. The L-brackets require the rear bodywork to be removed to take them off, so I leave them on. There is a grabrail that can go into the L-brackets, but i havent bothered yet.

This stuff comes from New Zealand & is pretty good. Others on the list have mentioned it as well, so I guess it is available elsewhere.

I know this sort of soft luggage may not be as secure as the Triumph top box & panniers, but as I dont use the stuff everday I have bought this rack/bag & a set of soft panniers for Aus$450 instead of the Aus$2600 for the 3 box set from Triumph.

BTW, Thanks for the performance fiures.

Darren Mason.
2000 ST.
Melbourne, AuSTralia.