[ST] RS handlebar heights -- a comparative study

in my continuing quest for the perfect handlebar setup for my RS, i
ordered heli-bars to try out.  when they arrived, i realized that i'm
in perhaps a unique position.  i own one each of every mechanism
discussed on the list for varying handlebar height.

so i took some pictures.

but before the pictures, here's 1000 or so words:

i have:
    - RS bars (of course)
    - ST bars
    - gen-mar risers
    - a prototype gen-mar-like riser made from 3/4" plywood.  i'll
	be redoing it in delrin, i think.
    - heli-bars

what i found is that the combination of ST bars plus GenMar risers
plus homemade 3/4" shim gives both more lift and more rearward
movement than is possible with the helibars.  when i realized this, i
boxed the heli-bars up again, in order to return them.  and only then
realized that they were the one setup i _hadn't_ photographed.  sorry
about that.  but you'll have to trust me that they were not only not
as attractive as any of the other setups, but more finicky to adjust
properly to clear the fairing.  (in fact, Heli didn't really want to
send them to me in the first place -- i figured i could probably make
them work on the RS, and while it _is_ possible, i have to admit that
they're mostly right.  they don't really work very well on an RS.)

so, here are my pictures:

    http://www.foxharp.boston.ma.us/bikes/rs_bars/index.html