[ST] Milage,Hill Country, Bulbs & Horn

>>>>>>>>original message<<<<<<<<<<<
     Keith Winter wrote:
After 8600 miles and 14 months,......

Gee Keith, I put 11,000 miles on my ST in the first 5 months of owning it
(May thru October) ;>).....but have only managed another 2,000 since then.
We are not used to actually having "winter" in Dallas, but this year was a
bitch.

But YEA !  It seems to be over now.  Just took a 1,000 miler over the
week-end down to the "hill country"  the Blue Bonnetts on the Willow Creek
Circle were astounding!!!!  FM 334, 335 & 337 were awsome as usual.  Perfect
weather (overcast & cool).  Stayed Sat. nite at the Foxfire Cabins just nort
of Vanderpool, great place, highly recommended.  Ther were about six other
bikers there, a Tiger,        2 BMWS, a VFR, an ST2 and a ST1100.  Chris was
on his Trophy 1200 and me on the Spriht-ST, stopped to talk with this group.
  Quite an interesting conversation with this diversity.  Funny, the
consensus was my ST was THE perfect bike. ;^)  All were in agreement.  First
great week-end of the long summer season!!!!!!

Vision Plus Blubs............

I have installed these, and had great opportunity to judge over this
week-end....I have NO dark spot on hi-beam.  When I installed these I raised
the lo-beam aim about 15 feet.  These bulbs are excellent. On low on the
freeway, side by side with a car, I throw a wider and brighter beam!  On
high on a back road, I swear I can see 1/2 mile.

Fiam horn also is awsome, but quit working 2nd day ;(  I have checked fuses
and connections, no luck. I plan on hooking-up the old horn tonite to see if
the circuit or horn is the culprit.  Any other suggections?

Ride-on,

Steve Duncan
Rock Dawg
'00 Sprint-ST (Black, yeah baby)
"don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers" - Nick Danger