Re: [ST] Ventura Luggage (2)

I am trying to make up my mind about what sort of luggage to get for my RS.
I only need luggage occasionally and the Ventura system looks a good option.
When you are not using the main rack you can fit the sports rack which
double as a grab rail.

How much kit can you get in the bags? I know that they do a 45 litre and a
35 litre bag and that you can zip any combination together, but I can't
picture what 45 litres means. Could you get enough in for a 10 day trip?
Would the L brackets get in the way and prevent you from using soft panniers
at the same time? I am planning to go to Spain in the summer and need to
carry enough kit to last 10 days.

Had a great ride on the bike today. I went up to a place called Silverdale
just north of Lancaster with a mate yesterday. He was collecting his SV650S
and taking it up to Edinburgh. His bike has been in my garage in Cheltenham
since he moved to Edinburgh in September. The weather was pretty wet going
up yesterday but we still had a good time going north but we stayed mainly
on the M6 with a short final blast down the A6. Coming home today it started
off very wet, but once I got south of Manchester near Chester the weather
dried up so I decided to get off the M6 and go across country. I got on the
A49 from the M56 and travelled to Shrewsbury, then Bridgenorth,
Kidderminster, Worcester, Tewkesbury and finally to Cheltenham. It was a
fantastic ride with really good A roads with long sweeping bends. I am
finally getting a bit of confidence with the bike as I have always been a
bit of a wimp on fast corners, but today everything was feeling great.

Andrew
2000 RS