[ST] FI Tunes and Coolant Temperature

To all,

I squirreled away the following info last June ('00).
It came from a representaitive of Triumph UK.

Collectively this tune version is known as Issue No. 9.  Sorry, but I don't
have the individual tune numbers for the Daytona or any other fuel-injected
model (maybe someone could provide these?).

Recently there have been references to 'series 10' FI tunes (I'm not sure if
it was on the Sprint ST/RS list or the T5mail Digest that I also subscribe
to).  I am trying to determine if there is a new general release, or are
these people simply assuming that series 10 tune numbers always start with
'10' followed by 3 digits?  Clearly this is not the case.

Does anyone know if there is a newer FI tune Issue and, if so, what are the
individual tune numbers for the various models and configurations?

Also, there seems to be some confusion about the effect of bike temperature
on the ability to download the tune correctly.  Engine coolant temperature
has *no* effect on the success or failure of downloading the FI map itself
(so there's no point in re-doing it over and over), but it *will* affect
your ability to set the CO correctly.  See the details below.

And finally, note that throttle bodies must be balanced, the low-fuel light
must *not* be illuminated (not sure why this is however), and the
closed-throttle position must be reset *before* you do the CO adjustment
with a calibrated EGA that has a clean filter.