Re: [ST] Initial oil change

I think you will find that any suitable oil is OK as far as the factory is
concerned, my local dealer doesn't even recommend Mobil 1, they use mostly
Motul.
Ashley
'00 Spondon 955i
'95 Speed Triple

> According to what I've read and what my dealer has told me. I'd keep my
mouth shut about having used regular oil.  My understanding is that the
Triumph factory warranty requires that you use the Mobil 1T oil in all oil
changes.  Should you have any engine problems that could be traced back to
the oil, and it comes out that you did not use the Mobil 1T for all oil
changes, Triumph may decide that your warranty was voided when you used the
regular oil.  Just a word of caution.  I do take my dealers warnings very
seriously.  I've known them for quite some time and so far they have always
been straight with me.