Re: [ST] re: service costs

>   >paid for their 10,000 and 20,000 km services.
>  >Mine were $170 and $600 respectively. (Aussie dollars)
>
> Mick,
>
> My first service was Aus$199 for what is basically just an oil & filter
> change.
> will do the rest myself & just use the dealer for the bit I cant do
> That way I know it is done & done properly, plus dont get ripped off.
>
>  >"you're riding a high tech machine  and you have
>  > to expect to pay that much."
>
> It may be "hi tech" (ie: efi ? ), but  if you look at what is required at
> each service, it should be quick. The first service & 10k service is
> basically just an oil & filter change
>
> Darren.
>
>    Darren, Mick,

Darren you are ABSOLUTELY correct. If you think these ( hi tech Triumph ) mech.
care for your bike as much as you do, you would be gravely mistaken.
Doing it yourself ( if you are able ) is far superior than any dealer I know.
If you look at the list of items they are supposed to check, replace or adjust,
you would be lucky if they do half.
Sorry but this is the real world truth, your bike is just another pay check to
MOST
mech. out there. If I'm wrong prove me so.

Robert
'00 Blue ST
'98 XR440R
'00 XR200R