[ST] Fiamm horn; Mobil1; Filter

At 09:55 PM 09/04/01 -0700, Lex Offer wrote:
>  My understanding is that the Triumph factory warranty requires that you
> use the Mobil 1T oil in all oil changes.  Should you have any engine
> problems that could be traced back to the oil, and it comes out that you
> did not use the Mobil 1T for all oil changes, Triumph may decide that
> your warranty was voided when you used the regular oil.

Mobil 1 4T is not available in Canada, so most dealers use Motul. It's not
the brand that matters--it's the type of oil. Synthetic 10W-40 motorcycle
grade.

Steve Duncan wrote:
 >Fiam horn also is awsome, but quit working 2nd day

Mine quit too. There's not much spare wire from the harness to the horn,
and one of the connectors had pulled off. If you use the Fiamm mounting
bracket, the spades on the horn need to be pointing straight up to allow
for suspension and steering movement.

Mike Benzon wrote:

>Does anyone know of a replacement filter other than the Triumph filter and
>if there is one worthy of using in place of the Triumph one?

There's a common Honda filter that fits. In fact, it's the same filter--but
note the cautions expressed on this list about voiding warranty.

If you go the Honda filter route, don't forget to get a new crush washer
for the oil drain plug.

Robert "Sheep Dawg" Smith--Freelance Writer
'00 ST
Vancouver, BC
www.smith.bc.ca