Re: [ST] Installing a master link with clip

Eric:

Point well taken about using the right tool; I ordered the mini chain press
from Dennis Kirk last nigth after reading your first response.

As to rivets, I just bought a new chain late last season and don't want to
spend $$$$: can you rivet a chain that was designed with a master link? My
local dealer tells me you can't.

On another point of yours, correct, I don't want to have this fail (again).
Mine did this past Sunday, fortunately, no one was behind me when the chain
flew off at 80 mph!

Jay

Jay S. Levine
office: (651) 687-5793
cell: (612) 308-9424
home: (612) 294-0779
shameless self promotion: http://home.mn.rr.com/levine98/
"It's Not The Destination, It's The Ride"