[ST] Honda oil filter

Hi list,

Oh dear--I really opened a can of worms with the Honda filter thing. I just
checked back through my records, and the last Triumph filter I bought was
$18.99Cdn, plus $2.80Cdn for the crush washer. I can't find a reference for
the Honda filter, but I think it was about half that price.

I don't believe saving $9 is worth the potential warranty hassle, so now I
always buy the Triumph item. The only reason I ended up with a Honda filter
on the bike is that my dealer (now out of business) was a multi-line dealer
and seemed reluctant to stock Triumph parts where there was a readily
available substitute. They fitted the Honda filter at the first service.

If you're determined to go the Honda route, take the old filter into the
store and ask for one that looks the same!

Robert "Sheep Dawg" Smith--Freelance Writer
'00 ST
Vancouver, BC
www.smith.bc.ca