[ST] HELP - Oil leak

Hi gang,

On my 2 week old used ST with 2555mi. I have an oil leak! AAHHHH!
What did I buy? Well anyway I took it for my first long ride last Sun. a
week ago.
It's been parked on the center stand since. Yesterday I take the cover
off to show
a freind the bike and I'm shocked to see a little oil spot just below
the center stands left leg. Get out he flash light to inspect. Can't
tell origin so I disassemble the whole left fairing and sprocket cover.
Looks to me to be coming from the output shaft seal behind sprocket. No
it is not chain lube, it's engine oil. I don't have a dealer within
200mi. and those I don't trust anyway. I'll fix it myself even though
it's still under warranty.
My real question is has anyone else had this problem? Is this Triumph
any good?
I hope my original fears of it's quality are not coming true.

Robert
'00 Blue ST
'98 XR440R
'00 XR200R