re:[ST] The proper way

>The side stand is then locked firmly in place to secure the bike to the
lift
                         (as previously described - it can be firmly
secured in both the vertical
                                             and the horizontal plains).

http://www.bikelift.com/mag_multi_closeup.htm

Interesting idea, their superbike lift idea is similar to what I had in
mind to do with the old Harley lift. The only problem overall is that
this lift 'secures' with the sidestand. I wonder what loading that point
can handle, imagine punching or blowing a hole in your motor case,
yikes!!

The other 'yikes' is the price $539.00 . I think a real bike lift is
around that price.

Thanks for the info, I will keep thinking and looking. The Idea of
removing both wheels and just leaving the bike balanced on the center
stand with tiedowns holding it upright, is, well......scary.

Andrew