Re: [ST] The proper way

 > http://www.bikelift.com/mag_multi_closeup.htm
 >
 > Interesting idea, their superbike lift idea is similar to what I had in
 > mind to do with the old Harley lift. The only problem overall is that
 > this lift 'secures' with the sidestand. I wonder what loading that point
 > can handle, imagine punching or blowing a hole in your motor case,
 > yikes!!

if you think about it, there's very little force on the sidestand while
the lift is in use.  if the bike is vertical, all it's doing is balancing
the bike -- much like when you hold it vertical yourself.

i made a simple stand for our SV650, which i was able to use in combination
with a rear stand -- i lifted the bike on the rear stand, put my frame
stand underneath, and then remove the rear stand.  (i was working on the
rear suspension, and there's no centerstand.)  my "frame stand" consisted
of a board, with a vertical threaded rod adjusted to support the engine,
and a clamp to hold the sidestand.  the front wheel was on the ground, and
the whole thing worked beautifully.  very stable.

paul