[ST] oil leak

In a message dated 4/11/01 9:56:00 PM, owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< tell origin so I disassemble the whole left fairing and sprocket cover.
Looks to me to be coming from the output shaft seal behind sprocket. No
it is not chain lube, it's engine oil. >>

I thought mine was engine oil, too, but at the suggestion of my mechanic at
Rocket Motorcycles in San Diego, turned off my Scottoiler, and the drip
stopped. According to other listers, however, the output shaft seals can also
leak, especially if the chain has been overtightened in the past. I think
that needs a more major fix. Dave Collins, San Diego