[ST] re: Belstaff Avalon jacket ( was: Sympatex )

>  From: Adam Williams <sprintpgh@xxxxxxxx>, on 04/13/2001 21:18:
>    ... How about any feedback on Belstaff Avalon
>  jackets with the 'Hytrel' H2O proof liner?

	I have a Belstaff Avalon and found it to be quite waterproof through an
hour of hard rain. Though the outer layer of fabric on the sleeves was soaked
by the end, no water ever got in anywhere. It dried completely overnight in the
garage with a fan blowing on it. It's also fabulously warm in cold weather and
surprisingly cool without the liner despite little ventilation. I wear it up to
about 80 degrees F (27 C?), when I switch to a full-perf Vanson. My only minor
complaint is the external snaps, which would seem to scratch things like the
tank - though they never have, perhaps because they're plastic coated. I found
it a great deal at $250 USD.
	My Triumph Sympatex gloves and Triumph GoreTex boots (now discontinued)
were also waterproof in the same storm, though my Joe Rocket pants didn't fare
as well - the usual compromise at the zipper. Now if my Triumph Aspen suit that
I ordered in January would ever get here, I could try it out, too. I understand
the initial batch had some problems and was rejected by Triumph - maybe the
same vendors that made the early fuel senders...

	"Jedi Dawg"  Jim Huber
	'00 blue ST  "Rhiannon"
	'01 red SV650S  "Cherii"
	Spring, Texas, USA