Re: [ST] Happy Birthday To My RS!

Randy S wrote:

> Well, I bought my RS one year ago this past Saturday and I'm happy to report
> that in 7000 miles this bike has performed flawlessly, no problems of any
> kind. (knock wood)  Only problem is I may be becoming a poser!  On a ride
> Saturday I had to recite my "why I love this bike" routine 4 separate times
> to people who walked up and admired/asked about the bike.  One was a Harley
> guy, another on a Valkyrie and two cagers.  The last one was an older gent
> in a Jeep Cherokee who saw my bike at a stop light and followed me to my
> house to ask about it.  He said he used to own a Bonnie way back when and he
> was determined to get a new bike (he seemed very interested in an ST).
>
> Anyway, I'd like to thank everyone who participates on this list for helping
> me decide to buy this bike, it's the most enjoyable one I've ever owned.
>
> Randy
> 2K RS

Hi

I am new to this group, but did a lot of searching before I splashed out the
greenbacks and bought mine.
My RS is just over 6 weeks old and whilst having a break in a town square I
noticed 2 old(ish) codgers, stop and ignore the new Ducati, BMW and Aprilla parked
next to it. When we walked over, I was bombarded by questions and they even
dragged the rest of the families to have a look. (You don't get this with an R1..)
My mates were a bit pissed,  and taking the piss as we had to be somewhere on
time. (We ended up being late.)
The two blokes also owned Bonnies and tried to tell me the life stories that
centred around oil leaks and dodgy electric's.
Mine is proving a dream and scores maximum points on rarity value. (My dealer has
only sold 6, including mine, since they were first introduced, and I have only
ever seen 1 other on the road).

The only problem, I find, is finding enough information about her, and I feel that
if more are not sold the model will be dropped from production. (I don't know how
many in total have been sold, but the number can't be high). After all, John Bloor
is in this game to make a profit, and Big T are still running at about 3 million £
per year loss. I think this model is the puppy privates, but it is the bean
counters that, usually, have the final say.
My mind is made up though. The Japanese make bikes. Triumph make motorcycles and I
love mine.

Sorry to ramble, but I am just in the mood and I like this group.
I am keeping a log of what happens to mine.
http://members.tripod.co.uk/basmaf/index.htm

- -Basmaf
- --
basmaf@xxxxxxxxxxxx

http://members.tripod.co.uk/basmaf/index.htm
http://www.bikegroups.com/groups/kawasakier5

What's it like being drunk? Ask a glass of water!