Re: [ST] The letter

Gary DiSilvestro wrote:

> It states     "in keeping with the provisions of the laws of the state of
> Wisconson, the named insured rejects the medical payments coverage under a policy
> of bodily injury liability insurance on the following described motor vehicle and
> any susequent transfer,reinstatement or renewal of policy or policies to be
> issued."

Man, so the letter just arrived "out of the blue"? I wonder which laws
in Wisconsin they're referring to, and how many other states have
similar laws. Bummer. (State Farm's my insurance company, too.)

Are you a member of the AMA? If not, this sounds like as good a reason
as any to join. I'd forward the letter to the AMA and start raising holy
hell. Call your local newspaper; they'd probably like to do a special
interest story about unfair discrimination against motorcyclists. Point
out that things like the charity rides for Childrens' Hospitals will be
a thing of the past, and how much of an economic impact reduced
ridership will have against local dealers and manufacturers. That should
perk up some ears in the state house...

- --
Blake "Dawgbert" Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Burlingame, CA, USA