Re: [ST] Sprint ST Trip Report, Rich

I've had both the Sargent and the Corbin. I liked the Corbin better
in the comfort department.I felt the Sargent was a nicer made product
and certainly they have better customer service . That said if you
buy the Corbin I would STRONGLY recommend that you have them move the
drivers sitting area forward at least an inch. The way Corbin builds
the seat they move you back almost 2 inches from stock. This makes
you either reach farther or causes one to slide around, neither being
very good. Of course this depends a lot on your height and reach, but
if you are 6 ft or under I'd definitely want the siting area reduced.
I believe that on the Corbin , stock is 15" deep. The stock ST seat
is14" deep except that on the stock seat one doesn't sit all the way
back because of the design of the rise. If you take a look at the
Corbin pics on their site you'll see how deep it is. Also I'd
recommend that you get the Carbon Fibre look leather. It's a lot more
grippy than the other leathers and seems to be more water resistant..

Erik

PS: Corbins customer service still sucks

>Anyone had RECENT experience with Corbin??  Have they gotten any
>better, lately ?????
>

>STeve Duncan
>Underdawg
>'00 Sprint-ST (Black, yeah baby)
>"don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers" - Nick Danger

End of st-digest V2001 #221