Re: [ST] The letter

Gary-Do you have State Farm Medical insurance or Car insurance. I found
the hard way that most Motorcycle insurance only covers damage to the
bike (for the lien holders, I guess). I think they assume you'll be
dead. My State Farm agent pointed out to me that M/C insurance never
covered personal injury to the policy holder, only to passengers and/or
other victims of an accident.
As far as I know about the legislation is that from some snafu in the
wording, a clause intended to stop disrimination based on lifestyle has
exactly the opposite effect, allowing your Health Insurance Company to
deny claims sustained in RECREATIONAL  activities that they deem to be
unsafe ie: Motorcycling (It pays to ride to work).  So does this mean
that if you get in an automobile asccident on your way to go skiing, can
the insurance refuse to pay? The only ones that will win on this one are
the lawyers.  No wonder so many of them run for public office!  BTW I
heard on CNN a while back that this legistlation is stalled in
committee. Hopfully due in some part to the efforts of the AMA.
If someone has some more concrete info on this, I would love to hear it.

David
'99 ST