[ST] Questions

Hey everyone -

I'm an owner of a brand new Black 2001 Sprint RS. I love it. I rode many
many bikes before deciding. I almost bought an ST but decided the slightly
more nimble RS was better for me. I originally thought I was going to get a
R1100R but it felt like a total pig compared to the Sprint.

Anyway, two weeks after buying it I came back to where I parked it to find
someone had scratched the gas tank. Not too bad but definately noticible.
Any advice on fixing it?

Also, what is the general consensus on oil? If this is a topic already
covered in depth I missed it. Is it really necessary to buy the special
Triumph oil?  Seems like clever marketing to me.

I'd appreciate any advice.