Re: [ST] still wishy-washy

brd wrote:

>  still considering the ST.  In fact, I've
> pretty much narrowed my search down to the ST or the VFR

brd,

I just went through the same thing. I was this close to buying a VFR. Found this
site and asked all the same questions.

I found a used ST and drove 400mi to pick it up. Had it 4 weeks now. So far,
AWESOME!
I have bags and ride with them maybe 50% of the time. They are very solid, 130+
mph and still there! ( not recommended ). I still have stock BT57's and hear on
this site that when I change those things will get even better.

Parts are kind of a problem for me so far. Tried to get a few little things and
had a hard time finding a dealer who stocked much of anything and then shipped me
wrong stuff twice.
Closest dealer to me is 200mi.:-(  All has just been inconvenient, not end of the
world stuff.

Power is awesome, almost electric motorish. ( Big electric ) Very smooth power
band. Best I've ever ridden. If your looking for hit at higher revs this is not
it. No need to be screaming all day.

VERY comfortable by my standards. I'm used to '00 929RR. I have stock bars and
windscreen and I see no need to change. Even for 300mi + days.

Looks, the best answer is obvious. ST wins hands down. Pretty cool how everywhere
you go you draw a crowd. Check the fit and finish on the VFR, I was a little
disappointed and I'm a die hard Honda guy for 25 years. Besides half the stuff on
the ST is Jap. anyway:-)
ND alt., Nissan brks, NS gauges, ect.

Go ahead, make the plunge, you won't be disappointed!

Robert Switzer
'00 Blue ST
'98 XR440R
'00 XR200R