RE: [ST] RS running hot?

 >  > On my '00 RS (bought in February, ~2085 miles), I've never
 > seen the temp run
 >  > higher'n 105 - even under heavy acceleration.  I've
 > definitely never seen it
 >  > up to 180-200: so, does my bike run freakishly cool, or is
 > the temp gauge
 >  > broken/calibrated incorrectly/on the wrong scale? Hmn.  This is San
 >
 > sounds like you might be seeing degrees C?

Sounds like that's exactly the case.  Nick mentioned when his bike hit 213
(water's boiling point + 1 degree F) the fan starts up.  The fan runs for me
after 101 (boiling point + 1 C).

No matter how I abuse it after the fan is on, it doesn't creep much higher
than 101.  I believe the manual suggests there's nothing to worry about
until the temp gets up past 120C, so while you'll start to feel the heat
from the engine, the bike's still quite comfortable at 100C (or 212F, Nick).

Also, who's the Lucifer Orange RS that parks on Hyde near Hasting's College
in San Francisco?  I ride by ya every day, just wanted to say 'hi'.  I've
also seen a black ST with hard bags toolin' down Hyde/8th St. several times,
got all ready to wave when I realized I was riding my 1 humanpower
Timberlands at the time and not the RS...

- -Justin
'00 Eclipse Blue RS that spends its days parked near SF Moto & Scooter in SF