[ST] hrm, may have to get an RS

Well, I thought I had it all figured out, until I sat on an ST
yesterday.  I'd previously just looked at them and sat on one briefly,
but I had them put the bike up on the centerstand and I climbed on.  If
I'm back in the seat, I'm okay, but if I slide forward any, my knees hit
the side fairing (I'm 6'4").  :/

I did ride their demo bike around (an RS) and noticed that it doesn't
have the side fairing and there's nothing to hit my knees on.  That's
good.  The bike was very fast, felt light, and had amazing brakes.  I'd
never actually heard the triple before.  The idle wasn't as smooth as
I'd imagined, and the engine sound and vibration reminded me a little of
my brother's GS500e (2 cyl 500cc--at least it sounded and felt more like
that bike than like my 650 nighthawk with its inline 4).  I noticed
that at around 60-70mph, the mirrors were shaking pretty good and I
couldn't really see out of them.  However, I think I was in maybe 3rd
gear, so I guess if I upshifted some, that would smooth out a little.

So, I don't know how much the side fairing on the ST helps, but I'm
thinking I'd rather do without it than hit my knees everytime I stop.
My wife and I talked some and came to the realization that she's not
really that thrilled about doing long trips, so I suppose I'm okay with
the higher passenger peg height the RS has.

I honestly don't care if the RS has a double-sided swingarm (other
than that raising the pipe height and passenger pegs), and I guess I
could do without the centerstand (or add one later).  And I did discover
the RS will take a topbox, which I might still get.  I dont' mind that
it doesn't take the hard side-bags.  If the wife and I won't be doing
long trips, I won't be using them much anyway, and I'm okay with soft
bags.  I'll definitely have to take their demo bike on a longer trip to
see how the seating position suits me, but it seemed fine yesterday,
though I'm not sure I was leaning forward as much as I'm supposed to.

Plus, my local dealer has 3 leftover 2000 RS's in stock, and they're
already marked from 9500 down to $8500, and I get the feeling they'd let
them go for less than that.

Does the RS have the option for heated grips?

Any other ST over RS things I've forgotten?

Laters,
Brian