[ST] Ride For Kids

Today Richard & I went on a very important ride benefiting the Pediatric
Brain Tumor Foundation of the United States.  We met approximately 633
other motorcycles--unfortunately we saw only two other Triumphs (John
Morin on his BRG ST from Austin, TX, and Brady White on a Yellow Daytona
from Lafayette, LA--you'll be happy to know that there's a new dealer
there)--and rode slightly over an hour to a place where the Ride For
Kids folks told us about their organization, we acknowledged the people
who were the top fundraisers, and they fed and watered us with donated
food.  Depending on how much money you raised, you got a ride pin,
t-shirts, hats, etc.  The minimum funds needed to participate are $35.00
per rider.

The goal for this year was $150,000.00, as the group raised $122,000.00
last year.  That was blown out of the water as $173,000 + was raised to
help this organization assist families whose children are suffering from
brain tumors and to help researchers find a cure/prevention for this
disease.  $.86 out of every dollar collected goes towards the programs
offered by the Foundation.  That's damn good, folks.

Brain tumors kill more children than any other disease. I've observed
first hand what it can do to a family to go through this.  It is
unimaginably tough, even when there is a good outcome.  Knowing that
people care makes a difference, and having organizations like the PBTFUS
to turn to can literally be a lifesaver!!!

Seeing so many bikes was impressive. There were folks from Louisiana,
DFW area, Austin, and all around the state in attendance.  Still, what
was more impressive was the heart exhibited by the organization's
administration, the kids it is trying to help, and the many fellow
motorcyclists that attended.

If one of these rides occurs near (or not so near) you, make an effort
to attend. Any amount of money you can raise will be of help.  Let's
make a "Triumphant" showing!  Richard & I will participate again next
year, and we hope to at least double the amount of money we raised this
year.  You can find out more about the Ride for Kids at
http://www.ride4kids.org.

Thanks for "listening" ;-)!

Lisa White
Houston, Texas