Re: [ST] Re:Manual

Howdy:

It's sad to say, but $100 for a factory manual is not out of line these
days.  I paid that much for my Jeep manuals in '95 and '96.  And BMW car
manuals are even more, when/if you can find one.  I expec that BMW bikes
may be similar...

A factory manual is pretty expensive to do - lots of specs that have to
be defined and re-checked, tons of photos and drawings to do, and of
course you have to completely strip a bike down to the bones in the
process.  Given what it takes to write manuals where I work (computer
R&D) in engineering time I expect that $100 (given how much it costs to
produce a manual and how relatively few are sold) does not make much
money (if any!) for Triumph.

Sure, Clymer/Haynes/etc. are much cheaper.  But they're much weaker
manuals, and I've always had a suspicion that they copy big chunks of
the factory manuals...

mj

PS.  What I'd really like to see is the part fiches on-line like
Kawasaki has.  That'd save me lots of time and trips.