RE:Service manual costs

I'm a tech writer, familiar with manual production. There are lots of
shitty ones out there, as anyone who owns a computer or VCR knows. Triumph
makes a pretty decent manual. Lots of good graphics, lots of information.
Most of the time that goes into a manual is writer's time. Accepted metrics
call for 4 hours of writer's time per page. Production time and cost are
additional. Dunno what they pay writers in Merry Olde England, but they
certainly aren't producing anything that is going to be widely marketed to
recover costs. And even if it is put on CD, you still have the costs
associated with writing and production. And I'd guess they'll sell far
fewer of their manual than Toyota will sell for the Tundra. Checked the
price on the set - $300.